The Vampire Diaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vampire Diaries

The best place to talk all things TVD related!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I LOVE BUFFY!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LuvsMeSumDamIan

LuvsMeSumDamIan

Location : Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those that matter won't mind.

I LOVE BUFFY! Empty
PostSubject: I LOVE BUFFY!   I LOVE BUFFY! EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Trust me I mean no disrespect to the show (which is my fave TV time at the moment) since I believe it has wonderful merit in its own right. Seeing as how Buffy is one of my all time fave shows I can't help but see the glaring similarities emerging.

Other Buffy The Vampire Slayer and The Vampire Diary Fans please join me in adding to the storyline and character comparisons.

For others that don't appreciate things like this please just take it for what it is and allow those that want to freely participate do so without griping. Thanks!

I will add on to this over time! Please feel free to post your thoughts here!

The Scrappy Gang/(The Scooby gang) The team of misfits that come together to save themselves, those they love, and maybe in future seasons the world. The center of the gang is a girl who pulls them all together but members of the group may have their own supernatural abilities and can hold their own.

Elena-Right now is Dawn (the key)- She's also Buffy maybe not a slayer but still the glue that holds the Scrappy/Scooby gang together.
Anywho right now everyone is out to protect Elena at all cost much like the gang did for Dawn. Also Elena/Dawns blood needed to be spilled to get the bad Vampire/Goddess what they needed. (Is bad vampire an oxymoron maybe) Also Buffy was the key to freeing the Master in season 1.

Stefan-(ensouled Angel) Much like Angel Stefan loves Elena and would die for her. He has a good heart and has done some things he's not proud of in the past but is currently working towards redemption for those deeds.

DAMON (sigh )- Spike, (Angelus if he ever allowed Buffy to truly reach him and make him own the fact that he still loved her even without a soul. So he gave up that pesky habit of killing her friends and trying to kill her)
So if we call Damon, Spike we'll say they both love Elena/Buffy, at first begrudgingly and finally giving totally in to it. Not only does loving her make you willing to protect her but it also makes you willing to protect everyone and thing she loves. Much like Spike, with Dawn (even though that's also Elena for this purpose) Let's say how Damon would now die for Jeremy even though he once attempted to kill him (nobody's perfect lol ). that's aslo the Angelus in him I love you and you make me feel things I don't want to feel so I will hurt people you love to try to feel better. (It doesn't work though)

Jeremy-Wesley (AKA Dawn post Keydom with Xander's penchant for the supernatural woman)- He has some of the junior watcher's computer savyness, as well as his research abilities and his knowledge of things supernatural is growing. I can see him continuing to learn more. Wesley also had to overcome some preconceived notions about Vampires that the council taught him. Jeremy had to overcome his uncle and father's prejudices. He also can join the fighting eventually like Wesley and kick some butt. He also was the first with a connection to Alaric and they more grow to have a mentor/mentee relationship. He's the brother Elena loves and would protect with her life which in turn causes her friends and lovers to feel the same. Jeremy/Dawn also eventually finds out what's going in their town and become a valuable asset to the team and get join the fight. Albeit at the reluctance of Elena/Buffy. The only problem is Jeremy/Dawn is human and vulnerable and the person everyone knows to go after to get Elena/Buffy to negotiate. Jeremy's ring give him a slight advantage though. He also has some Xander in him with his attraction to Vamps and witches. Xander tended to attract Demon Women or shape shifters though. Like Xander though he can be the voice of reason in the group and he lacks the supernatural powers some of the others have. I guess Jeremy's ring right now is equivalent to Xander's military knowledge it makes him slightly safer and useful.

Bonnie-Willow (with a sprinkle of Xander's jugdy preachy attitude and his Vamp hatred and sometimes feeling undervalued)
I believe Bonnie will grow to be a kick-*** wicca like our Willow did and I can see Bonnie having some of that ability to got to a dark place. I also think she has Willow's loyalty to the people she cares about. The negative Xander attributes in her I see less and less. It was just super apparent when she lied about de-spelling the vamp weapon. It was reminiscent of Xander lying to Buffy about Willow's message when she was trying to restore Angel's soul at the climax of the season 2 finale,.... She sends Xander to tell Buffy her plans, hoping she can stall until the curse is complete... instead he says that Willow said to "kick his ***". In that case Angel did die and Buffy had to kill him (still one of my all-time fave TV moments in history). I digress so anyway Bonnie almost got the Salvatores killed but ended up saving them in Willow like fashion. Also Bonnie/Xander can feel a little left out and undervalued by the team.

Caroline/Cordelia- The quintessential self-centered mean girls who end up joining the group and growing as people while they get to maintain some of witchiness (with a b) that makes them who they are. They become more likeable through the integration. Also both of them become supernatural beings Caroline becomes a Vampire (she's awesome at it) Cordy becomes a part Demon/Seer. Both characters grow into better people once their not "people" anymore.

Alaric/Giles- Like Alaric our Giles was the Academic of the group who could kick some butt and take names with the group. Giles also like Alaric with Damon begrudgingly formed a bond with Spike and would help him when he had to. Alaric as with Stefan was ok with working with him like Giles was with Angel (Although they hit a rough patch after Angelus tortured him but they got through it). Both characters also know about losing the women they love to supernatural forces. Isobel was turned by Damon. Jenny was killed by Angelus. (Although now that I think about it turning her would have been an interesting twist)

Aunt Jenna/Mrs. Joyce Summers- Both have started out completely clueless of the things their charges are involved with and the reality of things that go bump in the night exist. Joyce had some rough moments where she didn't handle things well when she first found out. We'll see how Jenna reacts if she ends up ever being clued in. Both Jenna and Joyce had relations with Alaric and Giles.

Tyler/Oz- Both of these guys are resident werewolves that are left to struggle with the first transformation alone. At least Tyler has some knowledge about what's happening while Oz was caught completely unawares. Both were turned because of Family. Tyler due to a family curse. Oz because his little cousin Jordie bit him and turned him to a werewolf. Tyler/Oz both have a lot of internal struggles resulting from there changes and it they both seem to have to have a liking of supernatural girl.

Luca/Tara-While I'm not pulling for Luca to be Bonnie's Wiccan soul mate like Tara was for Willow. The possibility does exist. Willow like Bonnie seems to have really came into her own as a witch once she and Tara got together. Both Bonnie and Willow were relatively new to witchcraft when they met Luca or Tara. Luca and Tara had been practicing longer than Bonnie or Willow and both appear to be able to teach them a great deal. Even though Willow ultimately was more powerful than Tara which may be the case with Bennett witch Bonnie vs Luca it was their relationship that enabled her to gain the knowledge and confidence she needed to become the uber Wicca she became, and maybe the same will be true for Bonnie.

Katherine/Angelus/Darla/Drusilla- Both of these characters are the bag guys you love to hate. They are the true essence of the conscienceless vampire.They are driven solely by self-preservation. They kill indiscriminately. They know the value of a good hostage as a bargaining chip. They both know the value of a good alliance but will also stab you in the back to save their own skins even if they led you to believe you are on the same team. Angelus was more unwilling to accept his humanity than Katherine but not by much. They both prefer to have relationships with other vampires and view humans as dispensable or as food unless they need those humans to make their diabolical scheme unfold. Katherine is like Darla in that she was the make of Damon and Stefan like Darla made Angelus. This established an bond and a soft spot for these gentlemen in the ladies that most people do not get to experience.

Bonus Storyline Parallels: (I'll keep adding to this list)

Stefan's out of control blood addiction was reminiscent of Willow's out of control magic addiction. They both were capable of inadvertently or purposely hurting people they love in order to get a hit.

The big bad of the season in Buffy they were numerous over the seasons on TVD this season it's Klaus and crew looking to drain and sacrifice a key member of the group.
Back to top Go down
Baiser

Baiser

I LOVE BUFFY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I LOVE BUFFY!   I LOVE BUFFY! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:30 pm

There are definite parallels. BtVS was an amazing show. I just watched Tabula Rasa the other day. I'm rewatching the entire series w/ my bf and there is so much more that I am catching now that I didn't notice the first time. Amazing writing, amazing cast.
Back to top Go down
LuvsMeSumDamIan

LuvsMeSumDamIan

Location : Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those that matter won't mind.

I LOVE BUFFY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I LOVE BUFFY!   I LOVE BUFFY! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Baiser wrote:
There are definite parallels. BtVS was an amazing show. I just watched Tabula Rasa the other day. I'm rewatching the entire series w/ my bf and there is so much more that I am catching now that I didn't notice the first time. Amazing writing, amazing cast.

Buffy is my alltime Favorite show I have watched it all the way through 4 times and just watched countless random eps and you do catch so many things watching again. Joss foreshadowed so much of what was going happen and when you watch it again you catch a lot of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I LOVE BUFFY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I LOVE BUFFY!   I LOVE BUFFY! Empty

Back to top Go down

I LOVE BUFFY!
Page 1 of 1